Granny Stitch Border & Join As You Go For Full Motifs
Key (US terminology)
Special stitches & techniques:
A note about joins:
Crochet Instructions (Abbreviated)
A – Granny Stitch Border (Without Join)
B – Granny Stitch Crochet Border & Join
C – Granny Stitch Crochet Border & Join
D – Granny Stitch Crochet Border & Join
Ideas & Suggestions
There are lots of ways you could utilise and modify this simple border and join:
- Luxurious Wrap – Make use of your hand-dyed sock yarn scraps to crochet small, solid squares and then use another luxury 4ply & the Granny Stitch Border to join it all together.
- More Granny – love the granny stitch? It’s easy enough to increase the number of rows from 2 to 3 or 4… maybe more! This would give a different look which I’d love to see.
- Try it in craft cotton or string to make a market bag or re-usable shopping bag.
- How would it look in variegated yarn?
- Or how about a funky top? Make two simple rectangles, slightly wider than your bust…seam shoulders and sides for a colourful addition to your wardrobe!
As always, I love seeing what you’ve made or if you’d like to share your ideas, please do get in touch or tag your projects #mezzacraft if you use Instagram.